Just wanted a change to my morning breakfast routine, this was a great satisfying breakfast!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the orange juice, milk and egg; beat well. Gradually blend in the flour mixture. Stir in the apricots. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
HONEY BLACK RICE
• 3 1/2 cups water
• 2 cups black rice
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 1/2 cups (8 ounces) peas
• 2 peaches, diced
• 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
• 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
For the rice: In a medium saucepan, bring the water and rice to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan, and cook until the rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and place in a large serving bowl.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the peas and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the peach slices and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the peas and peaches to the serving bowl.
For the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, honey, and soy sauce until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature.