Fresh Blueberry Pie with Lattice Crust
6 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. butter
Best pie Crust Ever!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup water
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Roll out dough on a floured counter. Don’t over work it.
Place bottom crust into 9-inch pie plate letting the crust hang over the edges. Mix together the blueberries, sugar and flour. Pour into the crust. Sprinkle the blueberries with lemon juice and dot with butter. Top with lattice crust. Seal and crimp edges of pie.
Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 35-45 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the juices are bubbly.
1 frozen deep double pie shell – Yes do the easy thing
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
8 apples – sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
I use my microwave to reheat beverages only. Many of my friends no longer use it for various reasons.
However I had some apple and peaches to use up and I’m a little tired of fruit salad and muffins.
So I decided a crumble but I didn’t have the time to bake it. In the end this only took me 15 minutes!
4 Apples not peeled, chopped
3 Peaches not peeled, chopped
3/4 Quinoa Flakes
4 TB Flour
3/4 Brown Sugar
3/4 melted butter
Spray a 9×9 glass bakeware and place apples and peaches in
In a bowl combine all dry ingredients
Melt butter and add to dry ingredients and mix until crumbly
Spread over fruit and pat gently
Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until fruit is tender
4-6 chicken breasts
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons water
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Place chicken inside slow cooker.
Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker and pour remaining sauce into saucepan.
Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.
Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
This can be served over rice or pasta
1 ready made frozen pie crust- follow preparation instructions
5 TB chocolate hazelnut spread (we used Nutella)
3 TB melted butter
3 TB brown sugar
2 TB water
4 ripe bananas, thinly sliced on a diagonal
Topping- whip cream or favourite ice cream
Preheat oven to 400°F (230°C).
Spread chocolate hazelnut on bottom of pie crust
Melt butter on low heat in a fry pan then add brown sugar and water
In the meantime slice 4 bananas, once the brown sugar has dissolved, add bananas to fry pan and coat all over. Keep in fry pan for 5 minutes
Transfer caramelized bananas to pie crust
Bake in preheated oven until pale golden, about 10-12 minutes
Serve with whip topping or ice cream.