1 1/2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
salt to taste
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 teaspoons of butter, divided
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 bag of shredded coleslaw
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 eggs, beaten (optional)
1. Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan; season with salt. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let sit for 5 minutes; fluff quinoa with a fork. Refrigerate until cool
2. Add soy sauce, until sauce is evenly mixed.
3. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; saute onion for 2 minutes. Add coleslaw, garlic, and ginger; saute until fragrant, about 5 minutes more. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons buter and quinoa; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir sauce into quinoa mixture; cook and stir until evenly coated, about 2 minutes.
5. Make well in the center of the quinoa mixture. Pour eggs into the well; cook and stir until eggs are scrambled and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.