1 lb turkey sausage
1 lb penne
1 jar(s) spaghetti sauce
mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 onion, chopped (optional)
1 cup of favourite frozen vegetable
1. Cook turkey sausage until thoroughly cooked.
2. Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
3. Prepare penne according to package.
4. Place a small amount of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of your casserole dish; add cooked penne, sausage, onion and frozen vegetable
5. Pour remaining sauce into the casserole; add mozzarella to the mixture and thoroughly blend all ingredients together, then top with more mozzarella.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted and lightly browned
– Serve with a nice green salad and bread.
2 thoughts on “Penne with Italian Turkey Sausage”
This looks great! And easy enough that I think I can do it. Pinning it for the future.
Thank you, it was easy and all four of us ate it!